Monday, November 16, 2009

The Importance of Recharging your batteries

I didn't fall off the face of the earth - really.  I meant to post here - I even thought of what I was going to post especially on those nights that my eyes pop open during the night and won't close again until it's almost time to get up!!

Recharging Your Batteries - Part I
We all know it's important to take time for our selves, smell the roses, yada yada.  I was happy that Greg, Alicia and I were able to do that on Veteran's Day.  With the holiday, it was a perfect opportunity to visit our friends Joe and Theresa who live near Cuba, NY.  They live at the end of a dirt road in a log cabin that Joe built using lumber from his land.  Their 200 acres of property are at the end of a dirt road and very quit.  It's the perfect place to recharge - not watching a clock, no computer, just listening to the trees blowing, which is very soothing when so many are all going at once, or watching the cows and boy do we eat!  I couldn't resist this picture of their dog, Rocky.  He loves to put half his body and one leg on the couch and play with his stuffed animal.



Part II - Recharging your Camara Battery
Rocky was the only one who had his picture taken :( 
When I went to take a picture of the cows - there was no battery left!   UGH!

Joe raises Scotch Highland cows and a new calf was born this summer I wanted to get a picture of the baby and the others too because you never know who's going to be there the next time you're there!  There was a perfect photo op when one of the cows discovered he could get out of the fence and wondered all over the yard and when Greg and Joe had to fix the fence all the cows marched down and stood around watching them.  It was so funny to see them - it was big happenings on the farm for them!  I'm so bummed that I didn't get those pictures.

BTW the first thing I did when we came home was to put the camara on the charger :)

I post the pictures I took with my newly charged batteries next.

No comments:

Post a Comment