Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CHA recap

I'm finally back from Chicago after attending the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Trade show.  It's been two years since I attended and it's nice to be able to see and touch the products.  I really enjoy talking with the designers and the various staff members of the companies that I order from.

Today I will give you a brief overview of the show, but I will begin to individually go through the companies and what they are offering, what I liked, impressed me, did nothing for me, etc.

For those of you not familiar with CHA, it occurs twice a year, Jan & July, where the manufactures reveal their new products.  Typically the summer show features back to school, fall, halloween, Christmas and winter lines.  Also showing are the electronic and manually die cut companies, stamping, adhesives, etc. companies.  There other craft vendors that attend also, but I usually do not spend much time on their booths because I really do not carry much of those items.

The main difference I found between 2011 and 2009 was the size of the show.  As you all know, the economy has hit the craft industry and it was reflected at CHA.  However, I must say that both the manufactures that were there and the buyers (store owners like me) were happy to be there and had a great opportunity to interact.  I was able to actually sit down and have conversations with some of the staff members of several companies.  This is the major advantage of the show being smaller.

I came home with 3 bags of catalogs!  I place several orders and will be going through the catalogs and placing orders in the near future.

My overall favorite booth, for their displays, customer service, excitement and products was. . . . . .

Graphic 45!

Their design team is very creative and their booth was so inspiring.  More on G45 next post!

For those of you who know me, you know I am not a fan of flying (I drove to Chicago - only 10 hours from Buffalo!)  Well, we stayed with my sister, who is a flight attendant and her fiance, who is a pilot.  Alicia, my daughter, was so excited to be able to go up in his plane that somehow, God only knows how, they convinced me to go for a ride!  Here is the proof


I can cross this off my bucket list- ha ha  I didn't even know it was on it!


2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try these markers, I will be watching for your class schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - class date and time will be posted soon

    ReplyDelete